Low mood after diagnosis

I received my diagnosis in February. At the first I felt positive and relieved. But the more I learnt and the more I thought about I started to feel down. I'm finding it hard to shake this feeling and it seems to be getting worse. Pre diagnosis I had no idea or awareness of autism. I'm 25 now. I can't help but think how different things could have been. I'm finding it hard to focus on the present or future. I just kind of feel sad all the time. Is there a way to make this go away? In a way I'd rather not know because there doesn't seem to be any support or help. Not sure where to go from here.

Parents
  • What you say about support is so true there is very little or no support for adults. Sometimes there are self organising groups but they are quite rare.  Pre diagnosis I only knew autism in its severe form.

You may have developed/slid into a low mood/depression which hopefully is temporary.

Forcing yourself to do a daily walk may sound stupid but it does help to lift your mood so I do one 6 out of 7 days a week. 

I also recommend you join some clubs or visit some clubs to see if you would like to learn more.

In short get yourself active. if u are not working try to get a job or volunteer. 

make sure your diet is balanced in case that is an issue.

I hope this is a temporary depression. Any depression is a dreadful experience. 

if this persists make sure you contact your GP.

• What you say about support is so true there is very little or no support for adults. Sometimes there are self organising groups but they are quite rare.  Pre diagnosis I only knew autism in its severe form.

You may have developed/slid into a low mood/depression which hopefully is temporary.

Forcing yourself to do a daily walk may sound stupid but it does help to lift your mood so I do one 6 out of 7 days a week. 

I also recommend you join some clubs or visit some clubs to see if you would like to learn more.

In short get yourself active. if u are not working try to get a job or volunteer. 

make sure your diet is balanced in case that is an issue.

I hope this is a temporary depression. Any depression is a dreadful experience. 

if this persists make sure you contact your GP.

Children
No Data