Suicidal thoughts

I desperately need advice.

My 28 year old son (Aspergers) has been feeling sad, very low, totally unhappy with himself and every aspect of his life. It culminated a couple of days ago when he told me that he is tired of being 'retarded', that there is no point in life and continuing as he is totally useless in everything, that he has no career, made poor choices and hasn't achieved anything. He says he wants to end it all. No matter what I try and talk to him he keeps repeating how he's feeling - totally irrational. So we are going round in circles. He absolutely refuses to seek any help saying that nobody can help him and the only thing he wants is to be 'normal'. He says he's had enough. 

He is very smart, has masters degree, traveled the world, experienced great things.... but is feeling a huge burden. He started his own business a couple of years ago and is having some difficulties in keeping it going (he claims that if he were normal all will be ok).

For two days now he keeps mentioning suicide an ending it all . What can I do? I'm really desperate for any advice. I don't know what to do.

Parents
  • Hi, so sorry to hear that your son is going through such a difficult and emotional time of late. I see and other members have already given you great advice so I can't really add on to that.

I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and hope that he can get the help he needs and make a full recovery. Best of luck to you and your family.

• Hi, so sorry to hear that your son is going through such a difficult and emotional time of late. I see and other members have already given you great advice so I can't really add on to that.

I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and hope that he can get the help he needs and make a full recovery. Best of luck to you and your family.

Children
No Data