Suicidal thoughts

I desperately need advice.

My 28 year old son (Aspergers) has been feeling sad, very low, totally unhappy with himself and every aspect of his life. It culminated a couple of days ago when he told me that he is tired of being 'retarded', that there is no point in life and continuing as he is totally useless in everything, that he has no career, made poor choices and hasn't achieved anything. He says he wants to end it all. No matter what I try and talk to him he keeps repeating how he's feeling - totally irrational. So we are going round in circles. He absolutely refuses to seek any help saying that nobody can help him and the only thing he wants is to be 'normal'. He says he's had enough. 

He is very smart, has masters degree, traveled the world, experienced great things.... but is feeling a huge burden. He started his own business a couple of years ago and is having some difficulties in keeping it going (he claims that if he were normal all will be ok).

For two days now he keeps mentioning suicide an ending it all . What can I do? I'm really desperate for any advice. I don't know what to do.

Parents
  • This is a common part of the ASD analytical thinking process in high functioning individuals 

i have been battling this for years and tried numerous avenues, some with terrible consequences.

can he write on here as to what avenues may be worth pursuing?

i know I feel extremely alone in my thinking and no one else seems to understand.

we need to find some strong positive avenues achievements to change the negative thinking. Everything can be turned to negative, even a mother trying to help.

Distraction, keeping busy on projects to try and stop the analytical thinking which will get worse if left unchecked

even the news becomes worrying 

www.beyondblue.org.au/.../am-i-normal-headline-stress

• This is a common part of the ASD analytical thinking process in high functioning individuals 

i have been battling this for years and tried numerous avenues, some with terrible consequences.

can he write on here as to what avenues may be worth pursuing?

i know I feel extremely alone in my thinking and no one else seems to understand.

we need to find some strong positive avenues achievements to change the negative thinking. Everything can be turned to negative, even a mother trying to help.

Distraction, keeping busy on projects to try and stop the analytical thinking which will get worse if left unchecked

even the news becomes worrying 

www.beyondblue.org.au/.../am-i-normal-headline-stress

Children
No Data