Hello, I am new to this diagnosis

Hello everyone.

I have only known that I have ASD for a number of weeks. I have always known that I did not fit in anywhere or understand social conventions but it was weeks ago that my girlfriend suggested that I might have ASD, I have researched it and I agree with her, and now everything in my life makes sense. Even so, I am having difficulty accepting the diagnosis. 

I would like to "meet" some other people who are like me, as I have always felt strange/odd/not normal and like I cannot relate to other people. Their behaviors are confusing. I guess I what I would like is confirmation that my areas of difficulty are because of ASD.

Also, I am quite sure that my 2 year old nephew has ASD and I would like to help him as much as possible. 

I struggle with life in general as I am so disorganized. I have recently created a routine for myself, because if I do not have a routine, things will not get done. It is very frustrating because my memory is so poor. I cannot relay a telephone message to someone immediately after I have been told it.

I rely heavily on my girlfriend for emotional support and for help with daily life. 

At some point i'd like to list all of the things that I have difficulty with or behaviors that are "not normal". I don't really know where to start regarding talking to people on this forum. But hey, that's social skills again isn't it, lol.