Hello! Recently diagnosed!

Hi there!

I am 38, male and I got my diagnosis for Asperger's at the start of the month. It is all still crazy and confusing for me as it has come at a time of great stress and anguish. It is nice to know that things can be easier, that I won't always struggle with expressing myself, that there are people out there that have as much trouble in making friends and holding on to relationships as much as I do.

I'm never quite sure what to say here...

• Hi , and thank you for the welcome. The link you provided has been helpful this past month, and the links included within are a big help.

Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to talk to some people who know the struggles I face on a daily basis as some of my friends and family aren't quite fully understanding. It has been a big shock to some of them, because outwardly I appear to 'cope'.

• Hi Revellrider,

The NAS has a free booklet you can download for adults who have just been diagnosed with ASD. You can find it here: http://www.autism.org.uk/products/leaflets/what-next.aspx

It has information about various support services, advice regarding education, employments, benefits, housing and social support, and other information and links to parts of the NAS that might be able to help you.

Hope this is of some use,

Best wishes,

Ross - mod