Wits End

Hi I have been married for 8 years in a very taxing relationship.  I thought it was me but in the last month I have realised he is a aspie.  I am devastated as all my hopes for change in him will never happen.  I don't know what to do - he doesn't know he is! Which is really difficult and I know that if I tried to tell or explain to him he will get all defensive just for starters - he will not give me eye contact not even when I am sobbing my heart out.  I feel like the marriage is over as I don't know what else to do.  Has anyone out there got any good ways for dealing with this.  I read a lot and know if I try to talk about the relationship he just goes inside himself and will not respond to any of my questions.  Divorce is looking like it is on the table - is there life with an Aspie he has slowly destroyed me to a point where I no longer care - please help

Parents
  • Reading the post I think you're answering your own questions. If you feel destroyed then this is not a relationship you should stay in. Sounds like you have stayed in the hope of changing him and now you realise that you can't do that. If he is happy how he is and that isn't working for you then you'll be better off apart.

• Thank you I know your right its just so hard giving up because he is not a bad person he just cant love me the way I want to be loved.  it's so very sad

Reply Children
No Data