Hi and intro : )

Hi 

I am Mum to Miss Puddleduck aged 7 who is in the long process of assessment.

I am also Mum to son J aged 22 and daughter A who is 20. Both NT. J is maths grad and A is at Uni studying Enflish lit. They both live away from home now. 

Miss Puddleduck was born at 25 weeks weighing 1lb 6oz. She spent 16 weeks in NICU and had a bumpy first couple of years. 

I always sensed she was 'different' having had 2 other children. However I put her apparent oversensity to everything down to her prematurity.

As she has matured more issues arose. Selective mutism, extreme seperation anxiety, PDA, incontinence, stool witholding and a need to control everyone and enrything around her. 

I am also a nurse working part time which has become increasingly stressful. I have just been successful at aquiring DLA for Miss P so I can reduce my hours somewhat as she hates after school club and doesnt cope well at all. 

My partner (Daddy) is not really on board with it all. Has a tendency to think she is just naughty...sigh This is causing stress between us as we deal with her differently despite me explaining it all. 

We have a great SENDCO at school who has been great at providing support despite Miss P not having a diagnosis as yet. She decsribes Miss P as a swan. On the surface she appears to be coping with school but she is not, she is constantly battling her anxiety and her need to control situations.

Looking forward to reading others experiences and hints and tips. 

Parents
  • One thing I've found is I will read and read and read to understand but my SO is a slower reader and his ADHD means he doesn't retain as much. So I've found YouTube stuff on autism great for helping him "get" some of this.

Would your hub be willing to watch some short clips? I can recommend a few if you think this would help.

• One thing I've found is I will read and read and read to understand but my SO is a slower reader and his ADHD means he doesn't retain as much. So I've found YouTube stuff on autism great for helping him "get" some of this.

Would your hub be willing to watch some short clips? I can recommend a few if you think this would help.

Children
No Data