Puberty

Hello everyone

I am new to the site and this shows by the fact that I posted my introduction and quest for help under someone else's post!! Please see under Hello I,'my Joel...... for the text so I do not have to retype it please. Thank you

SOOOZIE

Parents
  • Hi there, thank you for this advice. It is an excellent idea. I have done the comic thing before when he had OCD with towels, his bedding and touching things. We had such a laugh together and now he doesn't do it anymore. 

We have also done role reversal where I am him and he is me when trying to get him out of bed in the morning.

I think you are right that constant 'nagging' from me is causing him to switch off and not listen so I need to switch in around into a more constructive model.

Sometimes you just need reminding of how to deal with things. Thank you 

SOOOZIE

• Hi there, thank you for this advice. It is an excellent idea. I have done the comic thing before when he had OCD with towels, his bedding and touching things. We had such a laugh together and now he doesn't do it anymore. 

We have also done role reversal where I am him and he is me when trying to get him out of bed in the morning.

I think you are right that constant 'nagging' from me is causing him to switch off and not listen so I need to switch in around into a more constructive model.

Sometimes you just need reminding of how to deal with things. Thank you 

SOOOZIE

Children
No Data