Newbie to the forum.

Hello everyone, my 8 year old twin daughters were diagnosed HFA last year. Although initially upsetting (more for them than myself) it was also a relief. I'm joining the forum for support, ideas, strategies to help with their anxieties, and to chat with people who understand what it is like to live as part of the autism world.

Parents
  • Thank you seaqueen. I'm very sorry you were bullied, school can be such a hostile environment. My girls are 8, both have been bullied, they find social interactions difficult, also some topics are triggering. They are reading The Ironman in literacy and one in particular is frightened of the story, but especially the film they have been watching. This culminated into a monumental meltdown at night, she was hysterical.

The traffic light system sounds like a fantastic idea and i will be putting that to their senco.

My main concern is their mental health wellbeing. Home education is an option I am considering, although I think the routine of school is good for them. They also have sensory issues and are being referred for ADHD assessment.

• Thank you seaqueen. I'm very sorry you were bullied, school can be such a hostile environment. My girls are 8, both have been bullied, they find social interactions difficult, also some topics are triggering. They are reading The Ironman in literacy and one in particular is frightened of the story, but especially the film they have been watching. This culminated into a monumental meltdown at night, she was hysterical.

The traffic light system sounds like a fantastic idea and i will be putting that to their senco.

My main concern is their mental health wellbeing. Home education is an option I am considering, although I think the routine of school is good for them. They also have sensory issues and are being referred for ADHD assessment.

Children
No Data