New and need help

Hi everyone. this is all new to me. I'm waiting for a assessment. I have been looking on the Internet for information about meltdowns and mostly they say it can happen anywhere and anytime. is this true? Or like my experience I have very little meltdowns.  in front of people but it builds up days or weeks at a time until my head feels like it is going to explored then I have a meltdown when I'm on my own. Any advice or information would be great.

sorry for the spell and grammar. hope you can understand what I mean I have dyslexia anyway HELLO to you all!!!!

Parents
  • Hi,

It is possible for them to happen anywhere, however you sound like you have a copying mechanism like me. If you do not want to break down in front of people, you will only have a small one.

My break downs or meltdown build up the same, I would advise to not be alone when they happen, I always feel better when Im with a trusted person, or I can go to them after.

Another point is that my meltdowns used to be very often but are not anymore. I found they were down to stress mainly, things that stress me or frustrate me build up and I break. But once I noticed this and combated what was triggering them I have found that they occur less.

Hope this helps. If you want to talk just ask.

• Hi,

It is possible for them to happen anywhere, however you sound like you have a copying mechanism like me. If you do not want to break down in front of people, you will only have a small one.

My break downs or meltdown build up the same, I would advise to not be alone when they happen, I always feel better when Im with a trusted person, or I can go to them after.

Another point is that my meltdowns used to be very often but are not anymore. I found they were down to stress mainly, things that stress me or frustrate me build up and I break. But once I noticed this and combated what was triggering them I have found that they occur less.

Hope this helps. If you want to talk just ask.

Children
No Data