New to this place!

Hi my name's Olive and I'm 18! I'm a little nervous to be joining this community as I've never really had a support network for my autism but I hope this will help me feel more welcomed and more, if anything, normal. I think interacting with people like me will be good for me as it will help me feel less alone, which I always have been when it comes to understanding my autism.

I am yet undiagnosed, but as I recently turned 18 and am seeking an adult diagnosis. My journey in discovering my autism is a long one and has been since I was a baby and only in recent years have I been comfortable accepting myself as autistic and talking about my autism to others, although still it makes me nervous. As a teenage girl living in this generation where there is a lot of stigma around mental disorders it's very easy for someone to accuse me of lying and whilst many have supported me, others haven't.

I hope there are other people in this community who can relate to my experience and accept me.

Parents
  • Hey,

Thats good. And I know that, my brother is a prime example. Just try explaining. And if he doesnt, Then you can be the go between. It wont be as good but we can still support you and him as best as we can.

You are very welcome and I am always here to help :) x

• Hey,

Thats good. And I know that, my brother is a prime example. Just try explaining. And if he doesnt, Then you can be the go between. It wont be as good but we can still support you and him as best as we can.

You are very welcome and I am always here to help :) x

Children
No Data