Hello everyone

Hello everyone my name is James

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. I am 41 years old from the North of Scotland. I have been reallly struggling to meet and find support groups in my area and meet people like myself who are on the ASD. I tend to isolate and avoid sicial situations which makes my mental health worse. I have very few friends if any at the moment who i can turn too and family a considerable distance away. So i found myself isolated and depressed lonely at times. So I am on here to meet and make new friends male or female. 

Parents
  • Hi AspergersCammy,

Sorry to say James this is typical response on this forum. Don't forget we are all autistic in varying degrees and so by definition fairly self-absorbed and lack empathy in many cases. Also comments can be blunt and to the point without wishing to hurt.

Try picking a thread that you feel able to contribute to in some way and just go for it. Post a response or comment. Agree or disagree with posts others have submitted. Offer your perspective on a topic under discussion or your experiences through life to date.

I am sure eventually you will get responses to your posts. But don't be too offended if others don't always agree with you.

I too live in the North of Scotland and am interested in politics especially in the current debate about independence for instance. I am 68 so a bit older than you.

Take care, Laddie.

• Hi AspergersCammy,

Sorry to say James this is typical response on this forum. Don't forget we are all autistic in varying degrees and so by definition fairly self-absorbed and lack empathy in many cases. Also comments can be blunt and to the point without wishing to hurt.

Try picking a thread that you feel able to contribute to in some way and just go for it. Post a response or comment. Agree or disagree with posts others have submitted. Offer your perspective on a topic under discussion or your experiences through life to date.

I am sure eventually you will get responses to your posts. But don't be too offended if others don't always agree with you.

I too live in the North of Scotland and am interested in politics especially in the current debate about independence for instance. I am 68 so a bit older than you.

Take care, Laddie.

Children
No Data