Hello everyone

Hello everyone my name is James

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. I am 41 years old from the North of Scotland. I have been reallly struggling to meet and find support groups in my area and meet people like myself who are on the ASD. I tend to isolate and avoid sicial situations which makes my mental health worse. I have very few friends if any at the moment who i can turn too and family a considerable distance away. So i found myself isolated and depressed lonely at times. So I am on here to meet and make new friends male or female. 

• Hi AspergersCammy,

Sorry to say James this is typical response on this forum. Don't forget we are all autistic in varying degrees and so by definition fairly self-absorbed and lack empathy in many cases. Also comments can be blunt and to the point without wishing to hurt.

Try picking a thread that you feel able to contribute to in some way and just go for it. Post a response or comment. Agree or disagree with posts others have submitted. Offer your perspective on a topic under discussion or your experiences through life to date.

I am sure eventually you will get responses to your posts. But don't be too offended if others don't always agree with you.

I too live in the North of Scotland and am interested in politics especially in the current debate about independence for instance. I am 68 so a bit older than you.

Take care, Laddie.

• Hi AspergersCammy,

Sorry to hear that you are finding it difficult to find support and meet people like yourself.

Have you tried searching for social and support groups in your area on the Autism Services Directory?

www.autism.org.uk/.../autism-services-directory.aspx

Sometimes it takes a while for the Community to respond, but there are lots of really supportive and interesting members so stick with it. 

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Kerri-Mod

• Well 2 days on here and no one has bothered to reply why bother