just signed up

Hi. New to all this, just signed up. I started looking on the site for help and support and came across this and though id give it a go. After a really difficult day with my son (nearly 8) I feel talking to someone who understands what it means to have a child with ASD might help. Most of my friends and family are great but no one can fully understand and appreciate how difficult things can get unless they have experienced it day in day out. 

Parents
  • Hi there

I've just signed up and I'm in the midst of trying to get some help for our 8 year old daughter. My husband thinks she's just "a strong personality" but I'm concerned she's on the spectrum. I've spoken to others (school, brownies etc) and so far noone has laughed at me. My family aren't supportive and my inlaws think she just needs more one to one time with me or my husband. I feel worried and angry and overwhelmed by it all. 

• Hi there

I've just signed up and I'm in the midst of trying to get some help for our 8 year old daughter. My husband thinks she's just "a strong personality" but I'm concerned she's on the spectrum. I've spoken to others (school, brownies etc) and so far noone has laughed at me. My family aren't supportive and my inlaws think she just needs more one to one time with me or my husband. I feel worried and angry and overwhelmed by it all. 

Children
No Data