just signed up

Hi. New to all this, just signed up. I started looking on the site for help and support and came across this and though id give it a go. After a really difficult day with my son (nearly 8) I feel talking to someone who understands what it means to have a child with ASD might help. Most of my friends and family are great but no one can fully understand and appreciate how difficult things can get unless they have experienced it day in day out. 

Parents
  • My mum tends to just give me my space, and time away from everything but it usually takes a while for me to calm down after a meltdown. She usually just lets me get my anger out and will know that its not my fault and that I dont mean it. Even just sitting with your child, you dont have to talk but just so they know that you are there. What really helps me is my mum writes me notes and then will put them under my door and ill respond my notes when Im just not up to talking.Hope this helps x

• My mum tends to just give me my space, and time away from everything but it usually takes a while for me to calm down after a meltdown. She usually just lets me get my anger out and will know that its not my fault and that I dont mean it. Even just sitting with your child, you dont have to talk but just so they know that you are there. What really helps me is my mum writes me notes and then will put them under my door and ill respond my notes when Im just not up to talking.Hope this helps x

Children
No Data