First timer.

I am a 34 year old male with Asperger's syndrome. I've been "officially" diagnosed since I was 19 years old. The "professionals" now think I may have borderline personality disorder. Other than my parents, I have very little to no social interaction. General "life" frightens me. I don't seem to fit in. Anyone else feel the same??

Parents
  • Dexter said:

If something works for you (Asperger's related or not), as a coping strategy, use it, as long as its an appropriate coping strategy.

That is helpful.  I guess I'm stuck in black and white thinking; either one thing or another.  There's no reason I can't view myself as having Aspergers and ALSO needing help with other problems.

• Dexter said:

If something works for you (Asperger's related or not), as a coping strategy, use it, as long as its an appropriate coping strategy.

That is helpful.  I guess I'm stuck in black and white thinking; either one thing or another.  There's no reason I can't view myself as having Aspergers and ALSO needing help with other problems.

Children
No Data