Not been formally diagnosed yet but ....

...think I'm Aspergers. I have taken the online tests and 'passed' with flying colours. It upset me for quite a while after but now find it's better to understand 'why' my life's been so bloody difficult. Why I am the way I am; why I'm 'different'. I can celebrate the differences. I can wish the whole world was 'Aspergers' so I'd fit in. But what' the use?

I've put off getting a formal diagnosis until last week when finally got an appointment to see a Doctor. She say's it'll take a while to be assessed but I don't care. I was expecting to get rebuffed but she didn't. She probably noticed my 'Aspergers'. So I will go from here. I haven't told my son (aged 27) and don't think I will.  

Parents
  • when you have social anxiety it takes over everything else.  i dont even tell the dr how i really feel as i just want to get in there and out asap.

i myself wondered and did test got 38 so top of class.  but its hard to get past going to appointments v benefits they may have.

i have failed dla, esa, etc so many times and had to appeal or my ex did - now i amon my own so no chance there.

its a mystery.

• when you have social anxiety it takes over everything else.  i dont even tell the dr how i really feel as i just want to get in there and out asap.

i myself wondered and did test got 38 so top of class.  but its hard to get past going to appointments v benefits they may have.

i have failed dla, esa, etc so many times and had to appeal or my ex did - now i amon my own so no chance there.

its a mystery.

Children
No Data