What to do when you don't get a diagnosis ..?

Hello everyone,

Glad to have found this.

I have tried 2 autism assessments, both have not given my son a diagnosis. I am despairing and very isolated as I know there is something along the lines of PDA, Aspergers/ASD or anxiety disorder (I know this is separate from ASD) going on for my son. I don't feel taken seriously.

What are my options to find support for me and my son. I am desperate for some community around this. Coming here is a start.

Peace all,

C

Parents
  • Recombinant Socks, I feel you are drawing on your own experience too much when you advise:

Autistic parents are often oblivious to their children's feelings and to what good parenting looks like.

Many autistic people make great parents and battle against huge odds to do so. I'm sorry if yours did not. Autistic parents may feel insulted by what you wrote and non-autistic peoplle may read the comment and conclude that we make bad parents. I write this as someone who had two autistic parents.

London Sunshine, there is a great deal of difference between the possible diagnoses that you list. You are clearly seeking answers but can you share why you are so desperate to get your son labelled in this way?

• Recombinant Socks, I feel you are drawing on your own experience too much when you advise:

Autistic parents are often oblivious to their children's feelings and to what good parenting looks like.

Many autistic people make great parents and battle against huge odds to do so. I'm sorry if yours did not. Autistic parents may feel insulted by what you wrote and non-autistic peoplle may read the comment and conclude that we make bad parents. I write this as someone who had two autistic parents.

London Sunshine, there is a great deal of difference between the possible diagnoses that you list. You are clearly seeking answers but can you share why you are so desperate to get your son labelled in this way?

Children
No Data