What to do when you don't get a diagnosis ..?

Hello everyone,

Glad to have found this.

I have tried 2 autism assessments, both have not given my son a diagnosis. I am despairing and very isolated as I know there is something along the lines of PDA, Aspergers/ASD or anxiety disorder (I know this is separate from ASD) going on for my son. I don't feel taken seriously.

What are my options to find support for me and my son. I am desperate for some community around this. Coming here is a start.

Peace all,

C

Parents
  • Hi There,

Diagnosis of problems like autism and mental issues is a very uncertain process. If he has done 2 assessments then autism may not be the issue.

If autism is the issue then (because autism is highly genetically inherited) you should also take an autism test such as the AQ50 test aspergerstest.net/.../ yourselves (both parents). This might serve two purposes.

a) it might confirm your suspcicion about your son.

b) It might suggest that you should get to know yourself a bit better before shining the spotlight on your son. Autistic parents are often oblivious to their children's feelings and to what good parenting looks like.

The above comments are written by someone who has inherited the genes from my father's side of the family and who may have passed some of them on to my children. My diagnosis has provided valuable insight about my own childhood as well as providing some insight into my own children's upbringing.

• Hi There,

Diagnosis of problems like autism and mental issues is a very uncertain process. If he has done 2 assessments then autism may not be the issue.

If autism is the issue then (because autism is highly genetically inherited) you should also take an autism test such as the AQ50 test aspergerstest.net/.../ yourselves (both parents). This might serve two purposes.

a) it might confirm your suspcicion about your son.

b) It might suggest that you should get to know yourself a bit better before shining the spotlight on your son. Autistic parents are often oblivious to their children's feelings and to what good parenting looks like.

The above comments are written by someone who has inherited the genes from my father's side of the family and who may have passed some of them on to my children. My diagnosis has provided valuable insight about my own childhood as well as providing some insight into my own children's upbringing.

Children
No Data