Hello, any advice greatly appreciated!

Hi

We have a 12yo son who has a working diagnosis of ASD.  This comes after years of concern about occasionally volatile behaviour and actions, and ongoing assessment through CAMHS.

I'm hoping some of you will be able to share the benefit of your experience with us, as we feel overwhelmed and a bit lost as to how to go forward with things.

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Parents
  • Thanks JP, that's very helpful.  We have also had an incident with a kitchen knife which is very upsetting.

We were discharged by CAMHS, however we didn't feel that they had properly assessed/diagnosed our son.  

We persisted, however, in order to get a proper pyschiatric assessment.  I am glad we did persist and refused to be fobbed off by CAMHS.  He is now on medication which has really helped with his mood, and has a working diagnosis of ASD.

• Thanks JP, that's very helpful.  We have also had an incident with a kitchen knife which is very upsetting.

We were discharged by CAMHS, however we didn't feel that they had properly assessed/diagnosed our son.  

We persisted, however, in order to get a proper pyschiatric assessment.  I am glad we did persist and refused to be fobbed off by CAMHS.  He is now on medication which has really helped with his mood, and has a working diagnosis of ASD.

Children
No Data