Hello!

Hi everybody,

I've joined up to this community because I'm really struggling not to slide into a deep depression about my eleven year old son (in the process of being diagnosed).

I feel so alone, and have virtually no support. I just thought chatting to others who understand might help me to cope a little better. It seems like my entire "social" life is carried out online these days!

<3

Parents
  • Hi

I hate to hear about people finding themselves depressed. Have been like that myself for many months this year, so I think I still feel it a bit. Was only diagnosed myself a couple of years ago, with Asperger Syndrome, but of course have lived with it undiagnosed for many years. I guess I've coped reasonably well, as despite experiencing many of the issues I am now reading are quite common, I have achieved the main milestones in life. So, don't despair. Your son will need you in fine shape and able to understand what he is experiencing, so you can support him.

Your autistic friends can give you some insights.

Just ask

• Hi

I hate to hear about people finding themselves depressed. Have been like that myself for many months this year, so I think I still feel it a bit. Was only diagnosed myself a couple of years ago, with Asperger Syndrome, but of course have lived with it undiagnosed for many years. I guess I've coped reasonably well, as despite experiencing many of the issues I am now reading are quite common, I have achieved the main milestones in life. So, don't despair. Your son will need you in fine shape and able to understand what he is experiencing, so you can support him.

Your autistic friends can give you some insights.

Just ask

Children
No Data