"Hello", an imaginative title.

Hello everyone, it's taken a while to making my first post but finally got round to it.

Our Son was recently diagnosed with ASD. When we were told, the weight that lifted from our shoulders was immense knowing that finally he would get the help and support we knew he needed (I'm sure there are some of you saying "Aye, right you naive soul").

Of course, receiving the diagnosis has raised many more questions than answers. But I'll save them for another time as many of these I'm struggling to formulate, but when I do I'm sure I'll be looking to those who have walked this road before me.

Parents
  • Hello Birdie,

yeah it is a real thing, i stumbled on it by accident. I have a wowcher account and they offer courses at a discounted rate. If you have a wowcher login type "Autism" and all the courses will rock up. I did mine with the centre of excellence. It was £119 but i got it for £20. On completion you get the certificate for the Autism AND you are given automatic membership to the International alliance of holistic therapists and the International Association of neurolinguistic programming and coaching for twelve months. I hope this gets you closer to understanding Autism.

• Hello Birdie,

yeah it is a real thing, i stumbled on it by accident. I have a wowcher account and they offer courses at a discounted rate. If you have a wowcher login type "Autism" and all the courses will rock up. I did mine with the centre of excellence. It was £119 but i got it for £20. On completion you get the certificate for the Autism AND you are given automatic membership to the International alliance of holistic therapists and the International Association of neurolinguistic programming and coaching for twelve months. I hope this gets you closer to understanding Autism.

Children
No Data