Hi all, mummy to 2 year old HFA. Looking for connections.

Hi everyone,

I live in Ullapool, Scottish Highlands with my husband and 2 year old son. My son is currently going through the diagnosis process for ASD, although his paediatrician and speech therapist have already confirmed that they feel he has high functioning autism. 

He is the light of my life, incredibly funny and full of personality. He has difficulties with communication, although very advanced language, and struggles with expressing himself verbally...by that I mean that he basically CANNOT express himself verbally! He exhibits quite extreme echolalia, and will repeat anything he hears over and over, amongst other traits.

My hometown is very small, and I don't really have anyone to talk to about our life...the things that are normal to our family that you forget aren't normal in a neurotypical household! I suppose our situation makes me feel slightly isolated, and so I am reaching out to anyone who might have a little bit of time to chat...and share in our madness!

Parents
  • Hi!! I'm a mum to a 3 year old also going through the diagnosis process for HFA! Your son sounds very similar to mine.  We are going through the process of reading all we can about HFA and trying to educate ourselves so that we can do the best we possibly can for our amazing son. I don't know anyone else with a child with HFA at the moment. We have behavioural challenges with our son. Feel free to contact me I'd love to chat with you, maybe we could help each other through this craziness!

• Hi!! I'm a mum to a 3 year old also going through the diagnosis process for HFA! Your son sounds very similar to mine.  We are going through the process of reading all we can about HFA and trying to educate ourselves so that we can do the best we possibly can for our amazing son. I don't know anyone else with a child with HFA at the moment. We have behavioural challenges with our son. Feel free to contact me I'd love to chat with you, maybe we could help each other through this craziness!

Children
No Data