New to here, daughter recently diagnosed with ASD age 15

Hi just saying hello and trying to find as much info on ASD and teenagers especially girls. Wondering if anyone else's daughter since hitting puberty during time of month abosultley rages, meltdowns. Daughter has mixed anxiety we are on waiting list 5 months to see a psycholgist re autism diagnosis. Any teenagers wih same issues would gladly appreciate help, thanks

Parents
  • Hi illneverbeold

thank you for giving me some hope, I'm really hoping that when my daughter has got through her teen years things will even out. We are looking at colleges for her with support and so I'm hoping this will help, school have been absolutely useless I think she will be ready to go to college and this will help her become more independen. It must have been really tough as a single parent, although my husband works away a lot and when he is home they clash really badly. I think husband is struggling to come to terms with diagnosis too. I'm so glad for both you and your daughter are doing well. i find other parents really do not understand how threatened you feel when they are raging. I'm so glad I've come onto this site, thankyou x

• Hi illneverbeold

thank you for giving me some hope, I'm really hoping that when my daughter has got through her teen years things will even out. We are looking at colleges for her with support and so I'm hoping this will help, school have been absolutely useless I think she will be ready to go to college and this will help her become more independen. It must have been really tough as a single parent, although my husband works away a lot and when he is home they clash really badly. I think husband is struggling to come to terms with diagnosis too. I'm so glad for both you and your daughter are doing well. i find other parents really do not understand how threatened you feel when they are raging. I'm so glad I've come onto this site, thankyou x

Children
No Data