New to here, daughter recently diagnosed with ASD age 15

Hi just saying hello and trying to find as much info on ASD and teenagers especially girls. Wondering if anyone else's daughter since hitting puberty during time of month abosultley rages, meltdowns. Daughter has mixed anxiety we are on waiting list 5 months to see a psycholgist re autism diagnosis. Any teenagers wih same issues would gladly appreciate help, thanks

Parents
  • Hi Linziloo

yes sounds so familiar, my daughter started anxiety in year 9 it was awful got so bad she started hitting her head and face, struggled with friendships, school struggled, we struggled, went through GP referred to CAMHS waited for appointments, school refusal in end, she was being bullied no of friends understood her, she's been having home tuition since year 10 and now in year 11 she won't go near a school, waited 2 years for diagnosis, now she's embarrassed won't talk about it, really struggling she on waiting list to get help re diagnosis but told at least 5 months, she hardly goes anywhere trusts nobody. She rages more around her periods and struggles during this time, i try and keep her in a routine and she will do her studies but it's very difficult. She has smashed her room up and hit me a few times. Have to say though she has never been so loving she never used to cuddle before so there's good times aswell. Make sure you take time out spend some time with your daughter watching things she likes e.g. Films tv try and do things together I find my daughter needs to feel loved and enjoys our one to one time. I used to fight it before trying to force her to school but it was making it so hard for everyone when I found out she could have home tuition she stopped hitting her head and face, it's so difficult I hope I've helped a little xx

• Hi Linziloo

yes sounds so familiar, my daughter started anxiety in year 9 it was awful got so bad she started hitting her head and face, struggled with friendships, school struggled, we struggled, went through GP referred to CAMHS waited for appointments, school refusal in end, she was being bullied no of friends understood her, she's been having home tuition since year 10 and now in year 11 she won't go near a school, waited 2 years for diagnosis, now she's embarrassed won't talk about it, really struggling she on waiting list to get help re diagnosis but told at least 5 months, she hardly goes anywhere trusts nobody. She rages more around her periods and struggles during this time, i try and keep her in a routine and she will do her studies but it's very difficult. She has smashed her room up and hit me a few times. Have to say though she has never been so loving she never used to cuddle before so there's good times aswell. Make sure you take time out spend some time with your daughter watching things she likes e.g. Films tv try and do things together I find my daughter needs to feel loved and enjoys our one to one time. I used to fight it before trying to force her to school but it was making it so hard for everyone when I found out she could have home tuition she stopped hitting her head and face, it's so difficult I hope I've helped a little xx

Children
No Data