New to here, daughter recently diagnosed with ASD age 15

Hi just saying hello and trying to find as much info on ASD and teenagers especially girls. Wondering if anyone else's daughter since hitting puberty during time of month abosultley rages, meltdowns. Daughter has mixed anxiety we are on waiting list 5 months to see a psycholgist re autism diagnosis. Any teenagers wih same issues would gladly appreciate help, thanks

Parents
  • Hi Orlando, 

My 22 year old daughter has autism. I can tell you that during her teen years were quite a rollercoaster. One time she locked me out of the house and sat in her room screaming like someone was trying to kill her. I had to call the police to get back in. She had sever depression issues including cutting on herself. She had melt downs still where i had to hold onto her even if she was beating on me. She finally evened out, but it was a long road. As a single parent at the time, I had to send her to my broother's house for a year because I was afraid she was going to do something terrible to herself. She is now a responsible young woman and lives on her own.

• Hi Orlando, 

My 22 year old daughter has autism. I can tell you that during her teen years were quite a rollercoaster. One time she locked me out of the house and sat in her room screaming like someone was trying to kill her. I had to call the police to get back in. She had sever depression issues including cutting on herself. She had melt downs still where i had to hold onto her even if she was beating on me. She finally evened out, but it was a long road. As a single parent at the time, I had to send her to my broother's house for a year because I was afraid she was going to do something terrible to herself. She is now a responsible young woman and lives on her own.

Children
No Data