Hello new to this forum.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I suffer with an autism spectrum disorder and social anxiety disorder. I was only diagnosed last November so a year ago. I'm in my late 20's. I find having this condition is very isolating and difficult. I don't feel i can function completely as i find it challenging meeting people and get initimdated and very nervous when in public places and travelling/walking etc near people. I've also just moved to a new area after living in London all my life. This is a completely different scene. I'm with my boyfriend now but feel i'm a burden on him sometimes and would like to have more friends in my life. Does anyone else feel like it's difficult to function, do normal everyday things most people do and have friends? I am on ESA and PIP and feel very inadequate about how my life is. I did gradaute from University three years ago but have only ever had one proper job that lasted 3 months and the other two jobs were newspaper and magazine delivery. Thanks.

Parents
  • im 37 year old woman and i find it difficult, i have managed to mimic others to get by in the workplace but socially this is a no go, i isolate myself as i just cannot cope, i have hyperacusis and this is horrible, im a parent too and i feel that im a failure as i cant do normal things that most families do i.e days out etc. I have two friends Thats it. They are used to my stimming and dire honesty, they accept me as i am.. Its just me i cant seem to accept it and i get frustrated. I feel like a burden to my boyfriend too. welcome to the forum 

• im 37 year old woman and i find it difficult, i have managed to mimic others to get by in the workplace but socially this is a no go, i isolate myself as i just cannot cope, i have hyperacusis and this is horrible, im a parent too and i feel that im a failure as i cant do normal things that most families do i.e days out etc. I have two friends Thats it. They are used to my stimming and dire honesty, they accept me as i am.. Its just me i cant seem to accept it and i get frustrated. I feel like a burden to my boyfriend too. welcome to the forum 

Children
No Data