Diagnosed today

Hello everyone! My youngest son (12) has finally been diagnosed today, 10 years after I first called my health visitor in tears. I know this isn't the end of the journey, and perhaps I should be sad, but I've always known and finally, FINALLY, this might mean that his mainstream school will take notice and provide adequate allowances for Jack's behaviour. So far, he has narrowly missed exclusion many times and was labelled a naughty boy (he also has ODD, possibly PDA, anxiety and dyslexia)

But just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Happy Otter X 

Parents
  • Hi Faith35 and Cricketer,

I agree with Faith35, it's very reassuring to hear from you Cricketer. Like you Faith35 I just want our little boy to have a fulfilling happy life. I also feel we could conquer so many of our little boy's struggles if he could talk to us and we also pray he gets there. He is also a stubborn little thing and to be honest at the moment I don't think he feels he needs to talk, as for the moment he can get by requesting what he wants (food, his toys) by taking us to them. So now I'm really trying to play a bit dumb and make him work a bit harder when asking for things in the hope that he'll start to see the benefits of talking! 

• Hi Faith35 and Cricketer,

I agree with Faith35, it's very reassuring to hear from you Cricketer. Like you Faith35 I just want our little boy to have a fulfilling happy life. I also feel we could conquer so many of our little boy's struggles if he could talk to us and we also pray he gets there. He is also a stubborn little thing and to be honest at the moment I don't think he feels he needs to talk, as for the moment he can get by requesting what he wants (food, his toys) by taking us to them. So now I'm really trying to play a bit dumb and make him work a bit harder when asking for things in the hope that he'll start to see the benefits of talking! 

Children
No Data