Diagnosed today

Hello everyone! My youngest son (12) has finally been diagnosed today, 10 years after I first called my health visitor in tears. I know this isn't the end of the journey, and perhaps I should be sad, but I've always known and finally, FINALLY, this might mean that his mainstream school will take notice and provide adequate allowances for Jack's behaviour. So far, he has narrowly missed exclusion many times and was labelled a naughty boy (he also has ODD, possibly PDA, anxiety and dyslexia)

But just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Happy Otter X 

Parents
  • Hi Cricketer

was nice to read your post. It has given me some reassurance that altough things may be tough my daughter can and will have a bright future. It was lovely to read all the activities your children do. You yourself show that living a normal life is achievable. My daughter will soon be 3 years old. The toughest/biggest obstacle is her not speaking. Many members of my family believe her speech will come its just taking longer. I only pray that this is the case but I'm scared to build my hopes up incase it doesn't happen. I feel if we conquered this it would solve so many issues. we're either of your children late to speak? I'm trying many techniques from speech and language sessions and although I've seen small improvements I strongly believe she's so stubborn she will only begin to talk when she is ready and on on her terms. 

Again thanks for your post. You're living proof that all the things I want my daughter to achieve are obtainable with perseverance and my guidance xx

• Hi Cricketer

was nice to read your post. It has given me some reassurance that altough things may be tough my daughter can and will have a bright future. It was lovely to read all the activities your children do. You yourself show that living a normal life is achievable. My daughter will soon be 3 years old. The toughest/biggest obstacle is her not speaking. Many members of my family believe her speech will come its just taking longer. I only pray that this is the case but I'm scared to build my hopes up incase it doesn't happen. I feel if we conquered this it would solve so many issues. we're either of your children late to speak? I'm trying many techniques from speech and language sessions and although I've seen small improvements I strongly believe she's so stubborn she will only begin to talk when she is ready and on on her terms. 

Again thanks for your post. You're living proof that all the things I want my daughter to achieve are obtainable with perseverance and my guidance xx

Children
No Data