Diagnosed today

Hello everyone! My youngest son (12) has finally been diagnosed today, 10 years after I first called my health visitor in tears. I know this isn't the end of the journey, and perhaps I should be sad, but I've always known and finally, FINALLY, this might mean that his mainstream school will take notice and provide adequate allowances for Jack's behaviour. So far, he has narrowly missed exclusion many times and was labelled a naughty boy (he also has ODD, possibly PDA, anxiety and dyslexia)

But just wanted to say hi to everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Happy Otter X 

Parents
  • Hi my 2 year old daughter just had her first appointment with a paediatrician. Like I suspected they have said it looks like autism. Still have to wait to be fully diagnosed. Felt daunting knowing this is the first step of a long journey. I also feel isolated at times as family members and friends although they try never really understand how demanding and draining it can be. As it's early days I'm still hearing the " she'll be fine " comment which i know deep down won't be the case. Nice to read there are others in my position and I'm not really alone. Still wishing I could just push a button and fix everything. Trying to focus on the here and now but I worry what the future holds. Wondering if school is going to be a struggle and if her school years will be isolated. Wishing all of you in this position strength and warm hugs x

• Hi my 2 year old daughter just had her first appointment with a paediatrician. Like I suspected they have said it looks like autism. Still have to wait to be fully diagnosed. Felt daunting knowing this is the first step of a long journey. I also feel isolated at times as family members and friends although they try never really understand how demanding and draining it can be. As it's early days I'm still hearing the " she'll be fine " comment which i know deep down won't be the case. Nice to read there are others in my position and I'm not really alone. Still wishing I could just push a button and fix everything. Trying to focus on the here and now but I worry what the future holds. Wondering if school is going to be a struggle and if her school years will be isolated. Wishing all of you in this position strength and warm hugs x

Children
No Data