Hello from Forest

Hi all

I am here to get more information on Autism and more specifically Aspergers.

All my life I have felt that something is not right with me, many people have told me this and I am unable to disagree with this statement. Although I am capable of understanding advanced computational priniciples and being refered to as a natural problem solver, I can't seem to understand people, or solve the problems that I have with human interaction. It has been suggested by one of my previous therapists that I may be on the ASD spectrum, something that I dismissed at the time due to misunderstandings about ASD, but having had it suggested again by another therapist am forced to consider it as a possibility.

I will leave my introduction at that and take the remainder of what I have to say to the appropriate section of the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

Forest

Parents
  • Blues said:

Sorry lmw but what is sophisticated sarcasm?

Well, it's the kind of sarcasm that, to be understood, you have to be somewhat knowledgeable about the subject being talked about.

For example, it could be a remark about literature, art, science, etc., where the person making the sarcastic remark says something that is an 'in' comment. It won't necessarily seem very sarcastic to an outsider because you have to have an interest in the subject to understand what is being said.

Take football.

If I said, for example, I think the new England manager was going to win the next World Cup for us because he was so brilliant in his former career, many football fans would probably realize I was being somewhat sarcastic.

• Blues said:

Sorry lmw but what is sophisticated sarcasm?

Well, it's the kind of sarcasm that, to be understood, you have to be somewhat knowledgeable about the subject being talked about.

For example, it could be a remark about literature, art, science, etc., where the person making the sarcastic remark says something that is an 'in' comment. It won't necessarily seem very sarcastic to an outsider because you have to have an interest in the subject to understand what is being said.

Take football.

If I said, for example, I think the new England manager was going to win the next World Cup for us because he was so brilliant in his former career, many football fans would probably realize I was being somewhat sarcastic.

Children
No Data