Hello from Forest

Hi all

I am here to get more information on Autism and more specifically Aspergers.

All my life I have felt that something is not right with me, many people have told me this and I am unable to disagree with this statement. Although I am capable of understanding advanced computational priniciples and being refered to as a natural problem solver, I can't seem to understand people, or solve the problems that I have with human interaction. It has been suggested by one of my previous therapists that I may be on the ASD spectrum, something that I dismissed at the time due to misunderstandings about ASD, but having had it suggested again by another therapist am forced to consider it as a possibility.

I will leave my introduction at that and take the remainder of what I have to say to the appropriate section of the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

Forest

Parents
  • I have issues with mannerisms and, ok,i know if someone's angry but the way they talk just......confuses me. I just can't get sarcasm some times either. Would these be ASD traits? 

Also I am ok with computers at best, and wouldn't say I'm overly intelligent. But i study a lot on a few subjects, but these change over time usually.

• I have issues with mannerisms and, ok,i know if someone's angry but the way they talk just......confuses me. I just can't get sarcasm some times either. Would these be ASD traits? 

Also I am ok with computers at best, and wouldn't say I'm overly intelligent. But i study a lot on a few subjects, but these change over time usually.

Children
No Data