Hello

HI Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Charliewag 78 and I've joined the forum because I'm struggling to cope on my own with "AS"

Parents
  • Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies. I'm emailing because I'm currently on the waiting list for post dianosis counselling and to be honest I'm struggling somewhat. I have several health problems including aspergers and PTSD and the flashbacks and nightmares are awful.

A couple of days ago my cousin asked me to be god-father to her daughter. I said yes with some emotion. My cousin wants me to be a role model for her daughter and I immediately thought "How can I be a role model with some of the things I've done" 

I was diagnosed with AS about three years ago and It has led my questioning an lot of things about life. A lot of them fill me whith shame and guilt hence my concern about role models.

If I'm to be the best role model for my god-daughter then I need to be in the best shape psychologically first. 

If there's anything you want to ask. You know where I am. If not then thanks for reading.

• Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies. I'm emailing because I'm currently on the waiting list for post dianosis counselling and to be honest I'm struggling somewhat. I have several health problems including aspergers and PTSD and the flashbacks and nightmares are awful.

A couple of days ago my cousin asked me to be god-father to her daughter. I said yes with some emotion. My cousin wants me to be a role model for her daughter and I immediately thought "How can I be a role model with some of the things I've done" 

I was diagnosed with AS about three years ago and It has led my questioning an lot of things about life. A lot of them fill me whith shame and guilt hence my concern about role models.

If I'm to be the best role model for my god-daughter then I need to be in the best shape psychologically first. 

If there's anything you want to ask. You know where I am. If not then thanks for reading.

Children
No Data