Hello

HI Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Charliewag 78 and I've joined the forum because I'm struggling to cope on my own with "AS"

• Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies. I'm emailing because I'm currently on the waiting list for post dianosis counselling and to be honest I'm struggling somewhat. I have several health problems including aspergers and PTSD and the flashbacks and nightmares are awful.

A couple of days ago my cousin asked me to be god-father to her daughter. I said yes with some emotion. My cousin wants me to be a role model for her daughter and I immediately thought "How can I be a role model with some of the things I've done" 

I was diagnosed with AS about three years ago and It has led my questioning an lot of things about life. A lot of them fill me whith shame and guilt hence my concern about role models.

If I'm to be the best role model for my god-daughter then I need to be in the best shape psychologically first. 

If there's anything you want to ask. You know where I am. If not then thanks for reading.

• Hi Charliewag78,

Welcome to the community - if you have any specific queries or concerns you'd like to raise we also offer a helpline service. You can call them on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm), although please note that the Helpline is experiencing increasingly high demand, and you may not reach them straight away.

Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main.aspx

Thanks,

Nellie-Mod
  • Hi Charliewag and welcome. 

Have a look around and read some posts, and when you feel ready, join in a conversation or start one of your own.