comics

Hi everyone, I'm passionate about comics and would be interested to hear from anyone that shares this passion. I'd like to know what comics you enjoy reading and why? There are so many different types of comics out there, all utilising different techniques and different artistic styles. What are your favourites? I'm trying to develop a comic for individuals with ASD. A comic that would be entertaining, informative and something that individuals with ASD can relate to. I do not have ASD myself so I am trying to increase my awareness of the condition. I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad, after all communication leads to understanding.

Parents
  • I must say, I enjoyed comics as a kid.  Whether boys or girls comics, superheroes or Caspar the Friendly Ghost, I read the lot when I could.

And my favourite comic (for all the old timers) was the Eagle.  It was simply perfect.  Yes, I did learn a lot from it. And the adventures of Dan Dare were really exciting, even though I think the age in which it was set was about now (or was it? Was that just what I perceived at the time?) (As an aside, I think Dan Dare was resurrected for 2000AD for a period).

In amongst the pages of the Eagle was a series called 'Focus on Fact'.  Very educational and it certainly taught me a lot - learned about the scientist Fred Hoyle from that series, the bloke what coined the term Big Bang.  The art in the Eagle was superb. 

And never one to read fiction, comics were a way in which I read stories.  A companion comic to the Eagle was 'Boys World' which introduced me to Greek Mythology in a series called 'Wrath of the Gods'.

So yes, comics were a great help to me.  And I'm sure I'd still read them now if they were of the same quality, but as time has passed I find it difficult to follow the speech bubbles. Perhaps they were better in the old days!

Whether you could produce a comic specifically for those with an ASD, I don't know.  I'm sure comics appeal to those with ASDs just as they appeal to those without.

• I must say, I enjoyed comics as a kid.  Whether boys or girls comics, superheroes or Caspar the Friendly Ghost, I read the lot when I could.

And my favourite comic (for all the old timers) was the Eagle.  It was simply perfect.  Yes, I did learn a lot from it. And the adventures of Dan Dare were really exciting, even though I think the age in which it was set was about now (or was it? Was that just what I perceived at the time?) (As an aside, I think Dan Dare was resurrected for 2000AD for a period).

In amongst the pages of the Eagle was a series called 'Focus on Fact'.  Very educational and it certainly taught me a lot - learned about the scientist Fred Hoyle from that series, the bloke what coined the term Big Bang.  The art in the Eagle was superb. 

And never one to read fiction, comics were a way in which I read stories.  A companion comic to the Eagle was 'Boys World' which introduced me to Greek Mythology in a series called 'Wrath of the Gods'.

So yes, comics were a great help to me.  And I'm sure I'd still read them now if they were of the same quality, but as time has passed I find it difficult to follow the speech bubbles. Perhaps they were better in the old days!

Whether you could produce a comic specifically for those with an ASD, I don't know.  I'm sure comics appeal to those with ASDs just as they appeal to those without.

Children
No Data