comics

Hi everyone, I'm passionate about comics and would be interested to hear from anyone that shares this passion. I'd like to know what comics you enjoy reading and why? There are so many different types of comics out there, all utilising different techniques and different artistic styles. What are your favourites? I'm trying to develop a comic for individuals with ASD. A comic that would be entertaining, informative and something that individuals with ASD can relate to. I do not have ASD myself so I am trying to increase my awareness of the condition. I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad, after all communication leads to understanding.

Parents
  • I've completed it as an occasional comics reader (still have that elusive №1 of 2000AD lying around somewhere: it's not in the best condition as I found it in some bonfire kindling when I was about 10!) though I'm not sure how useful my answers were.  I'm slightly ambivalent about making a point of autistic characters: I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing.

As I mentioned before, my current point of reference is more computer games than comics these days, and there are characters I've found out in hindsight were created as being ASD types though I didn't realise it at the time, e.g. a couple of notable characters in Bioshock for instance.  But it was just a case of creating their personalities rather than trying to be overt about it, I think.

I've seen other examples where certain things that are important to me are featured in character portrayals and I've felt a bit "hmm, I'm not totally sure", although some of that may simply be because it's unusual and breaking new ground.  Sorry, I'm being a bit vague here, it would probably help if I was more specific as I suck at alluding to things!

• I've completed it as an occasional comics reader (still have that elusive №1 of 2000AD lying around somewhere: it's not in the best condition as I found it in some bonfire kindling when I was about 10!) though I'm not sure how useful my answers were.  I'm slightly ambivalent about making a point of autistic characters: I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing.

As I mentioned before, my current point of reference is more computer games than comics these days, and there are characters I've found out in hindsight were created as being ASD types though I didn't realise it at the time, e.g. a couple of notable characters in Bioshock for instance.  But it was just a case of creating their personalities rather than trying to be overt about it, I think.

I've seen other examples where certain things that are important to me are featured in character portrayals and I've felt a bit "hmm, I'm not totally sure", although some of that may simply be because it's unusual and breaking new ground.  Sorry, I'm being a bit vague here, it would probably help if I was more specific as I suck at alluding to things!

Children
No Data