comics

Hi everyone, I'm passionate about comics and would be interested to hear from anyone that shares this passion. I'd like to know what comics you enjoy reading and why? There are so many different types of comics out there, all utilising different techniques and different artistic styles. What are your favourites? I'm trying to develop a comic for individuals with ASD. A comic that would be entertaining, informative and something that individuals with ASD can relate to. I do not have ASD myself so I am trying to increase my awareness of the condition. I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad, after all communication leads to understanding.

Parents
  • Thanks for the reply, vometia. Yeah, computer games are a great medium as well, and I sometimes feel like my life's a computer game. Everyday just trying to get achievements, solve problems and level up. Social situations are always going to be tricky, there are just so many variables to consider. I'm nearly 34, I don't have ASD and I have a lot of problems with social interaction. However when I experience what I thought was a terrible situation, (I said the wrong thing and offended someone, got frustrated and became aggressive, felt threatened so just walked away without explanation etc) I try to remember how I used to react in similar situations and I always find that I've improved. A lot of the time it is just trial and error, and those errors can be painful and embarrassing sometimes but I know that I am improving. I'm not suggesting that comics are a secret cure to all these awkward social moments, but if someone likes comics and experiences difficulties in these areas I think there is potential to use their techniques to help people. Ideally, I'd like to combine elements of comics and computer games as I think that would be incredibly effective as a learning tool, an interactive comic, but that's something to work on in the future. Just as you mentioned "interactive training", true learning comes through practice. It's great to know things, but it's even better to understand how to use that knowledge to help yourself and others.

• Thanks for the reply, vometia. Yeah, computer games are a great medium as well, and I sometimes feel like my life's a computer game. Everyday just trying to get achievements, solve problems and level up. Social situations are always going to be tricky, there are just so many variables to consider. I'm nearly 34, I don't have ASD and I have a lot of problems with social interaction. However when I experience what I thought was a terrible situation, (I said the wrong thing and offended someone, got frustrated and became aggressive, felt threatened so just walked away without explanation etc) I try to remember how I used to react in similar situations and I always find that I've improved. A lot of the time it is just trial and error, and those errors can be painful and embarrassing sometimes but I know that I am improving. I'm not suggesting that comics are a secret cure to all these awkward social moments, but if someone likes comics and experiences difficulties in these areas I think there is potential to use their techniques to help people. Ideally, I'd like to combine elements of comics and computer games as I think that would be incredibly effective as a learning tool, an interactive comic, but that's something to work on in the future. Just as you mentioned "interactive training", true learning comes through practice. It's great to know things, but it's even better to understand how to use that knowledge to help yourself and others.

Children
No Data