comics

Hi everyone, I'm passionate about comics and would be interested to hear from anyone that shares this passion. I'd like to know what comics you enjoy reading and why? There are so many different types of comics out there, all utilising different techniques and different artistic styles. What are your favourites? I'm trying to develop a comic for individuals with ASD. A comic that would be entertaining, informative and something that individuals with ASD can relate to. I do not have ASD myself so I am trying to increase my awareness of the condition. I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad, after all communication leads to understanding.

Parents
  • Hi Aspergerix, yeah I've still been trying to work this out. 

Marlowe Cavendish said:

"if there are signs of improved cognitive activity by combining image and language (and there are) then surely this would be an excellent way to assist learning with individuals who have difficulties with language and communication""

I'm no expert in these things, but does an improvement in cognitive activity really help AS language and communication problems? I can see how it could help people with reading comprehension, but that's not a problem I thought AS people had unless they also have learning difficulties? However that's not relevant to the problems of face to face communication and verbal language, surely?

I think your Batman analogy is saying what I'm thinking - the characters in comics interact, but unless the story is about an Aspie dealing with social communication problems, how is it helpful? 

I don't want to discourage anyone who does enjoy comics from posting on here though - in fact it would be interesting to find out if they think it has helped them in any other way than reading comprehension. 

I'm still a bit confused...

• Hi Aspergerix, yeah I've still been trying to work this out. 

Marlowe Cavendish said:

"if there are signs of improved cognitive activity by combining image and language (and there are) then surely this would be an excellent way to assist learning with individuals who have difficulties with language and communication""

I'm no expert in these things, but does an improvement in cognitive activity really help AS language and communication problems? I can see how it could help people with reading comprehension, but that's not a problem I thought AS people had unless they also have learning difficulties? However that's not relevant to the problems of face to face communication and verbal language, surely?

I think your Batman analogy is saying what I'm thinking - the characters in comics interact, but unless the story is about an Aspie dealing with social communication problems, how is it helpful? 

I don't want to discourage anyone who does enjoy comics from posting on here though - in fact it would be interesting to find out if they think it has helped them in any other way than reading comprehension. 

I'm still a bit confused...

Children
No Data