comics

Hi everyone, I'm passionate about comics and would be interested to hear from anyone that shares this passion. I'd like to know what comics you enjoy reading and why? There are so many different types of comics out there, all utilising different techniques and different artistic styles. What are your favourites? I'm trying to develop a comic for individuals with ASD. A comic that would be entertaining, informative and something that individuals with ASD can relate to. I do not have ASD myself so I am trying to increase my awareness of the condition. I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad, after all communication leads to understanding.

Parents
  • Hi Pixiefox

I just could not resist, sorry. I have been wracking my brains over what the link between comics and learning may be, and all this dual coding technology , which MarloweCavendish is referring to,  and how it all could relate to me and us on the autistic spectrum. Continuing in a comical vein, I realized, the Batman comics must be a set of training manuals for superhero apprentices teaching us wannabe superheroes visually, step by step, by example, how to combat evil villains. I now get the scientific dual coding bit, pictures and speech bubbles for text; absolute genius, I think this could be a revolution in FastTrack accelerated learning to meet the demand for superheroes. Perhaps one could expand the concept to training neurosurgeons using comics ?

• Hi Pixiefox

I just could not resist, sorry. I have been wracking my brains over what the link between comics and learning may be, and all this dual coding technology , which MarloweCavendish is referring to,  and how it all could relate to me and us on the autistic spectrum. Continuing in a comical vein, I realized, the Batman comics must be a set of training manuals for superhero apprentices teaching us wannabe superheroes visually, step by step, by example, how to combat evil villains. I now get the scientific dual coding bit, pictures and speech bubbles for text; absolute genius, I think this could be a revolution in FastTrack accelerated learning to meet the demand for superheroes. Perhaps one could expand the concept to training neurosurgeons using comics ?

Children
No Data