Could I have Aspergers?

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this and sorry if I'm too young (16). 

For a year or so I have wondered if I might have Aspergers (I'm a 16 year old female), and wondered what people here think?

I have always been the shy and socially awkward kid who doesn't really fit in, and I have been bullied/teased for not fitting in (e.g not wearing makeup). Possibly as a result, I tend to avoid talking to people I don't know (through fear of getting it wrong I suppose, before when I've tried what I've said has never seemed right if that makes sense?), and absolutley avoid eye contact because I find it awkward and uncomfortable, even for a second. At school, I am generally in the top sets, being especially strong in maths (perhaps one of the best in the year). Although, I do doubt myself and my abilities, and always have to triple (if not more) check the time and details if I am meeting someone or going somewhere.

I didn't realise it before, but I do become obsessed with things. For example, a few years ago (and still) it was a pony, when I was younger I was interested in mountain goats and had a folder full of information about them!! In addition, I used to have a lot of tantrums and strops when I was younger (perhaps meltdowns?), and cracked the paintwork in my room through slamming the door!

There are a few more things but I feel like I've written too much already!! Could this be Aspergers, or is it just me trying to explain why I don't fit in? 

Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry again if I have posted this in the wrong place x

Parents Reply Children
No Data