Could I have Aspergers?

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this and sorry if I'm too young (16). 

For a year or so I have wondered if I might have Aspergers (I'm a 16 year old female), and wondered what people here think?

I have always been the shy and socially awkward kid who doesn't really fit in, and I have been bullied/teased for not fitting in (e.g not wearing makeup). Possibly as a result, I tend to avoid talking to people I don't know (through fear of getting it wrong I suppose, before when I've tried what I've said has never seemed right if that makes sense?), and absolutley avoid eye contact because I find it awkward and uncomfortable, even for a second. At school, I am generally in the top sets, being especially strong in maths (perhaps one of the best in the year). Although, I do doubt myself and my abilities, and always have to triple (if not more) check the time and details if I am meeting someone or going somewhere.

I didn't realise it before, but I do become obsessed with things. For example, a few years ago (and still) it was a pony, when I was younger I was interested in mountain goats and had a folder full of information about them!! In addition, I used to have a lot of tantrums and strops when I was younger (perhaps meltdowns?), and cracked the paintwork in my room through slamming the door!

There are a few more things but I feel like I've written too much already!! Could this be Aspergers, or is it just me trying to explain why I don't fit in? 

Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry again if I have posted this in the wrong place x

Parents
  • The test is actually very reliable and that result does suggest that you have the traits. You could discuss this with your GP but don't get your hopes up too high - there is no "cure" but they can prescribe some CBT therapy which can help.

The first thing to say is that an awareness of condition can be a massive aid in understanding your reactions to situations, you can learn to avoid some situations and be aware of your reactions in other situations.

• The test is actually very reliable and that result does suggest that you have the traits. You could discuss this with your GP but don't get your hopes up too high - there is no "cure" but they can prescribe some CBT therapy which can help.

The first thing to say is that an awareness of condition can be a massive aid in understanding your reactions to situations, you can learn to avoid some situations and be aware of your reactions in other situations.

Children
No Data