New member - Hi!

Hello all.

I've a 2 1/2 yr old daughter awaiting the ASD assessments. So far all we know is she is "likely to be on the autism spectrum". So much information out there I feel overwhelmed, confused and rather incompetent! Anyone else feel like this? 

Parents
  • Me neither to be honest. All this waiting around for appointments is a nightmare. Early birds which is apparently very good isn't done in my area. Apparently I may be entitled to nursery funding however without the official full diagnosis I can't have this funding yet. I ended up sobbing down the phone yesterday when told I'd have to wait until October to see a dietician (my daughter has hyper sensitivity and gags and vomits  most foods) which was supposed to be an urgent appointment! Clearly the woman felt sorry for me and my apparent basket case response as she phoned me back with an appointment for July. 

I have a 12 and 14 year old as well as my 2 yr old. In 14 years as a parent I have never felt so ill equipped and useless. Completely out of my depth! 

Lots of people have suggested this site for info and I've read a ton of other stuff however all I have succeeded in doing is confusing myself and overloading myself with information that I now cannot put into practise. 

I've cried a lot. Spend most of my days angry, scared and am now somewhat anti social. I've no tolerance for people! 

I am hoping it gets better with understanding!

• Me neither to be honest. All this waiting around for appointments is a nightmare. Early birds which is apparently very good isn't done in my area. Apparently I may be entitled to nursery funding however without the official full diagnosis I can't have this funding yet. I ended up sobbing down the phone yesterday when told I'd have to wait until October to see a dietician (my daughter has hyper sensitivity and gags and vomits  most foods) which was supposed to be an urgent appointment! Clearly the woman felt sorry for me and my apparent basket case response as she phoned me back with an appointment for July. 

I have a 12 and 14 year old as well as my 2 yr old. In 14 years as a parent I have never felt so ill equipped and useless. Completely out of my depth! 

Lots of people have suggested this site for info and I've read a ton of other stuff however all I have succeeded in doing is confusing myself and overloading myself with information that I now cannot put into practise. 

I've cried a lot. Spend most of my days angry, scared and am now somewhat anti social. I've no tolerance for people! 

I am hoping it gets better with understanding!

Children
No Data