Hi

Hi 

My name is Amanda and I am 19 years old. I am currently on a waiting list for the autism team to be officially diagnosed - they think I have Aspergers Syndrome. After reading more into Aspergers the more I feel I have it. I have always felt different and struggled with things (yet was unable to put my finger on). As a child I struggled to make friends and maintain eye contact (and still do) as well as other issues, hence I saw psychologists etc. but my parents were reluctant for me to be labelled, hence this is why I believe they never picked up my Aspergers. 

Parents
  • My daughter who is 16 has been diagnosed with Asperger's only a few months ago. Before that she was under mental health for severe anxiety, depression. She dropped out of school due to bullying and anxiety. Even before that she kept saying that she felt different from everybody else although she tried very hard to fit in, always tried to be the perfect pupil etc., go along with her peers.

I think it is very hard to recieve a diagnosis so late but also important because it might help to access more support.

• My daughter who is 16 has been diagnosed with Asperger's only a few months ago. Before that she was under mental health for severe anxiety, depression. She dropped out of school due to bullying and anxiety. Even before that she kept saying that she felt different from everybody else although she tried very hard to fit in, always tried to be the perfect pupil etc., go along with her peers.

I think it is very hard to recieve a diagnosis so late but also important because it might help to access more support.

Children
No Data