Hello, forums are lonely places

Hi all,

My name is Jarrod, I am a forty something Asperger syndrome patient. I also have primary progressive multiple sclerosis which is making things interesting. I am here as I am being put through torture at the moment and I have no choice but to wait for the incompetent system to sort its act out.

I have never found a forum anything other than lonely, I have created plenty of them as a systems engineer. I have a lot to say: http://reliatec.co.uk I don't see any point repeating what is already published.

Oh wait, mind-blind of me, how is everyone else? (see what I mean on the lonely thing)

• I just think that they are probably struggling like me.  And could not find the time due to being busy/ stressed.  Also it's hard to find all the answers to our predicament some times.  Man sometimes you really are alone and have to come up with your own answers. I think i struggle with that. Finding my own answers.

• What do you do when you post something in the forum but no one ever replies?

How do you feel?

How do you overcome this?

• Hi Jarrod

I'm well thank you. Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. 

I've never joined a forum before so I have no basis for comparison, but I've found this one really useful and very interesting.

When I first suspected I was an aspie and was trying to work stuff out I got helpful advice and feedback, so I've tried to help others when I can by sharing my ideas. Sometimes working through a problem posed by another forum member triggers a "connection" in my mind which leads to a new understanding of something in myself.

I hope you find this forum to be a bit different to others and that it will make you feel a bit less like you're on your own. 

Take care

• Hi Jarrod,

I hope you are as well as can be expected.

I'm new to the forums too, having been recently diagnosed with Apsergers at 41.

I think these forums are lonelier just due to the nature of the condition that brings us here but I've found them a help so far.

Happy to chat whenever though, so feel free to post on this thread.

F.

• Hi Jarrod

You sound as though you are going thro' a hard time at the moment.  I've been on this forum for over a year and I haven't found it a lonely place.  One good thing is the way posters will share their experiences, which has not only made me feel less alone but has also given me ideas about how to deal with some of my own difficulties. 

• Welcome to the Community Jarrod.

Im sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I can't guarantee your experience here will be any different. It is a peer lead Community so very much up to the participants. Engaging with people on their issues as well as you own is always a good strategy.  Also please be careful not too disclose too much information about yourself. In this case I have leftyyour blog link up for others to read if they wish. But contact details are not allowed in your posts... Best Wishes Bob Moderator