Hi i need some advice / help . I am desperate

Hi Folks hoping some other parent has been in the same position as me. I am getting very frustrated with myself for being unable to help my adult child in thier late 20's .  I now believe quite strongly he is on the autistic spectrum. He is isolated, has rigorous routines (I can set my watch by him) and will not detract from them.  Does notcommunicate with all of us, sits in bedroom, gets in to a blind panic when i make him eat at the table on a few occassions, loves words, super intelligent etc etc....but I cannot find a way to get him to come to the docs with me. He will chat and play with our dog...who I actually got because I read that sufferers would 'communicate ' with animals.  I am hoping someone has had this experiance and may be able to help me , offer me guidance or point me to some group who may be able to help.

Oh and he will talk when he is on the phone.!

thanks for reading. 

Parents
  • HI 

Thanks for your reply.  He just says ther ei snothing wrong with him. Gets angry if mention it too.  He really does need help. I cannot get past the brick wall he creates with us and our family network. 

He only comes down on xmas day really to sit eat but looks so stressed all the time.  I did ttry to bring the subject up on th ephone with him but he is very clever and knows when i am trying to and then says is dad there. 

I might try the letter as I can be careful how i phrase it to him.  

I wish there was a group I could go to for advice and support as i am getting to old to be worrying like this

• HI 

Thanks for your reply.  He just says ther ei snothing wrong with him. Gets angry if mention it too.  He really does need help. I cannot get past the brick wall he creates with us and our family network. 

He only comes down on xmas day really to sit eat but looks so stressed all the time.  I did ttry to bring the subject up on th ephone with him but he is very clever and knows when i am trying to and then says is dad there. 

I might try the letter as I can be careful how i phrase it to him.  

I wish there was a group I could go to for advice and support as i am getting to old to be worrying like this

Children
No Data