hello

Ummm, recently watched a programme on tv with my wife about Aspergers, the wife said that it was me down to a tee, so I have done the NAS test for Aspergers and scored a great big 38.! Not bad going for someone who has served in the Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal Regiment and spent 10 years as a police officer after that.

It has put some things into context though, and I'm going to see my GP next week to see about getting a proper diagnosis or whatever it is they do. At the moment everything is a bit odd, I always knew that I was a bit different, but never thought it could be this.

Parents
  • Well, the GP was about as much use as a chocolate teapot! He made it blatantly clear that he wasn't interested, even told me that Aspergers is "normal" in men and that women with it tend to have Anorexia!

Absolutely useless, a complete and utter waste of time going  to see him.

He had no idea at all and even asked me why I had bothered him by coming to his surgery, well, I won't be going to him again. Wife is a Nurse so I'll be bypassing the GP and going straight to A&E for anything she can't deal with. I got the distinct impression that he couldn't be bothered or didn't care about Autism issues or Mental Health in general.

• Well, the GP was about as much use as a chocolate teapot! He made it blatantly clear that he wasn't interested, even told me that Aspergers is "normal" in men and that women with it tend to have Anorexia!

Absolutely useless, a complete and utter waste of time going  to see him.

He had no idea at all and even asked me why I had bothered him by coming to his surgery, well, I won't be going to him again. Wife is a Nurse so I'll be bypassing the GP and going straight to A&E for anything she can't deal with. I got the distinct impression that he couldn't be bothered or didn't care about Autism issues or Mental Health in general.

Children
No Data