hello

Ummm, recently watched a programme on tv with my wife about Aspergers, the wife said that it was me down to a tee, so I have done the NAS test for Aspergers and scored a great big 38.! Not bad going for someone who has served in the Royal Engineers Bomb Disposal Regiment and spent 10 years as a police officer after that.

It has put some things into context though, and I'm going to see my GP next week to see about getting a proper diagnosis or whatever it is they do. At the moment everything is a bit odd, I always knew that I was a bit different, but never thought it could be this.

Parents
  • Hi Sapper33, and welcome.

Hope everything goes ok with the GP next week - it seems that some doctors are very understanding (my own was great when I spoke to her about my AQ and other tests), while some others are less receptive, and others on the forum seem to have found they have to push for a referral a bit more.

Everything does feel odd at first, when (like you did) you see a programme on TV, or (like me) you come across the AQ test, and the sudden realisation that everything fits exactly into place.

Good luck for next week and do let us know how things go.

• Hi Sapper33, and welcome.

Hope everything goes ok with the GP next week - it seems that some doctors are very understanding (my own was great when I spoke to her about my AQ and other tests), while some others are less receptive, and others on the forum seem to have found they have to push for a referral a bit more.

Everything does feel odd at first, when (like you did) you see a programme on TV, or (like me) you come across the AQ test, and the sudden realisation that everything fits exactly into place.

Good luck for next week and do let us know how things go.

Children
No Data