Hello

Hello all im new here and would like to introduce myself my name is Steve and i work on the railway doing maintenance work. Ive worked there for about 12 years now i dont like it but the money is good and im excited to buy my first house at the end of the year. Well the main reason i decided to join this community is that i am in a bit of a predicament and was wondering if there is anybody out there that can give me their honest opinion? What it is i recently watched a lot of bbcs documentarys about autism and suddenly realised that most of those chilrens "habbits"? Was like looking at me when i was a child and still now as an adult in most ways anyway i decided to do an aq test out of curiosity expecting maybe a 18 or 20 score but i got a 36 and then with the eq and sq i got 14 and 15 i know they arent proper diagnosis but i feel i cant get a formal diagnosis as my work is classed as safety critical communication and i worry that i will fail my medical if i am diagnosed has anyone got any ideas? And sorry for the rambling i never know what im supposed to say

Parents
  • Hi gramit108 thanks for the reply and i think you have a point as im sure the medical examination is only for physical i.e eye test,blood pressue etc etc but i dont know if they will have a copy of my medical records or not but i never thought of joining the union as its 15 a month and i always get told theyre usless but maybe i will look into tht i can always leave once i have my answers. I did think that surely i have proved i am capable of doing the job i mean everyone asks me where this crossing is or that crossing so im at least a good reference to crossing in our area

• Hi gramit108 thanks for the reply and i think you have a point as im sure the medical examination is only for physical i.e eye test,blood pressue etc etc but i dont know if they will have a copy of my medical records or not but i never thought of joining the union as its 15 a month and i always get told theyre usless but maybe i will look into tht i can always leave once i have my answers. I did think that surely i have proved i am capable of doing the job i mean everyone asks me where this crossing is or that crossing so im at least a good reference to crossing in our area

Children
No Data