Hello

Hello all im new here and would like to introduce myself my name is Steve and i work on the railway doing maintenance work. Ive worked there for about 12 years now i dont like it but the money is good and im excited to buy my first house at the end of the year. Well the main reason i decided to join this community is that i am in a bit of a predicament and was wondering if there is anybody out there that can give me their honest opinion? What it is i recently watched a lot of bbcs documentarys about autism and suddenly realised that most of those chilrens "habbits"? Was like looking at me when i was a child and still now as an adult in most ways anyway i decided to do an aq test out of curiosity expecting maybe a 18 or 20 score but i got a 36 and then with the eq and sq i got 14 and 15 i know they arent proper diagnosis but i feel i cant get a formal diagnosis as my work is classed as safety critical communication and i worry that i will fail my medical if i am diagnosed has anyone got any ideas? And sorry for the rambling i never know what im supposed to say

Parents
  • Hi pixie thank you for your lovely comment, i think you're right i dont think i get effected by my ways like i did as a kid although i did go to volunteer for the night walks for autism the other week got there and i got really nervous and just froze and couldnt bring myself to ask where they wanted me and after a lot of nail biting and pacing i ran off home confused about my behavior and reaction and i really did think maybe i am but if i cant get a formal diagnosis will i be accepted by people who are formally diagnosed and feel i should but on another thought i think is it worth the risk losing my job just for a label. Anyway i digress as usual i think youre right disorder is an ugly word. Oh cool i didnt know late development of things was a part of it (im still ignorant and learning about it) i never learnt to tell the time till i was like 8 or 9 i remember my mum shouting at me that i should know this by now and she used to threaten to take me to a special school if i dont buck up my idea. Yes i always presume people are angry at me or think they are critising me too your comment is very interesting to me ive learnt a lot thank you i wish i was better at writting maybe i could reply to your comment better. Just a quick question but i have been obsessed at taking the aq test and i am always very honest with my answers as i spend hours taking them and thinking them over but i noticed that my results change depending how i feel when i take it like when i came back from my failed attempet at the night walk i scored a 40 but when i am calm and in a good mood i score a 36 usually but once i got a 32 and a 26 even does mood make a difference do you think to the scores? 

• Hi pixie thank you for your lovely comment, i think you're right i dont think i get effected by my ways like i did as a kid although i did go to volunteer for the night walks for autism the other week got there and i got really nervous and just froze and couldnt bring myself to ask where they wanted me and after a lot of nail biting and pacing i ran off home confused about my behavior and reaction and i really did think maybe i am but if i cant get a formal diagnosis will i be accepted by people who are formally diagnosed and feel i should but on another thought i think is it worth the risk losing my job just for a label. Anyway i digress as usual i think youre right disorder is an ugly word. Oh cool i didnt know late development of things was a part of it (im still ignorant and learning about it) i never learnt to tell the time till i was like 8 or 9 i remember my mum shouting at me that i should know this by now and she used to threaten to take me to a special school if i dont buck up my idea. Yes i always presume people are angry at me or think they are critising me too your comment is very interesting to me ive learnt a lot thank you i wish i was better at writting maybe i could reply to your comment better. Just a quick question but i have been obsessed at taking the aq test and i am always very honest with my answers as i spend hours taking them and thinking them over but i noticed that my results change depending how i feel when i take it like when i came back from my failed attempet at the night walk i scored a 40 but when i am calm and in a good mood i score a 36 usually but once i got a 32 and a 26 even does mood make a difference do you think to the scores? 

Children
No Data