Hi there!

I have only just discovered this discussing forum and it's great to see so many people with autism who understand what it feels like to be 'on the outside'.

I am a female who is 23 and was diagnosed a year ago after years of depression, anxiety and not knowing 'what is wrong with me?'

Generally, I feel better after being diagnosed and have stopped beating myself up for my 'differences' (most of the time anyway).

I'd love to hear about other people's experiences of getting diagnosed and how it has affected your life. Just want to connect with others in the community who understand what it is like.

A xx

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing your experiences. I think it does really help you to feel more at peace with yourself when you know why you've found so many things difficult in life!

I went private too, after my sister was diagnosed and as I read more and more about it, realised it was me too and that I was exhausted and depressed from putting on a 'normal' persona. Definitely agree that private was worth the money!

Wish you well too!

• Thank you for sharing your experiences. I think it does really help you to feel more at peace with yourself when you know why you've found so many things difficult in life!

I went private too, after my sister was diagnosed and as I read more and more about it, realised it was me too and that I was exhausted and depressed from putting on a 'normal' persona. Definitely agree that private was worth the money!

Wish you well too!

Children
No Data